Key Points of Service
Access to knowledgeable veterinary staff
- All seven farm veterinary advisors and histopathologists have previously worked as VIOs at APHA, SAC or one of APHA’s external post mortem providers.
- Our veterinary team are readily available to take your calls between 9 am and 5:30 pm Monday to Friday and between 9 am and 12 noon on Saturday.
- Every case is reviewed by our veterinary team.
- Our experienced veterinary advisors and histopathologists add considerable value to reports in terms of differential diagnoses and advice on further testing.
- As ex VIOs, all vets are experienced in post mortem examination and can provide advice on differential diagnoses, gross pathology and ancillary testing.
Serviced by efficient and friendly office staff
- Dedicated team with specific knowledge of farm animal diagnostic testing.
- Direct dial phone number: 01626 357776.
Dedicated courier service
- Contact us to see if your practice can be added to one of our courier routes (01626 357776).
- Our dedicated courier service provides traceability and ensures samples are reliably delivered to the laboratory.
- Where practices are not on a courier route, prepaid envelopes are provided.
Fast turnaround times
- Same working day for trace elements and many other biochemistry profiles and tests.
- One working day for parasitology.
- Three working days for histopathology.
- Serology tests are run at least weekly and Johne’s serology, Border disease serology, BVD serology and BVD antigen ELISA are run at least twice weekly.
- On Saturday mornings, urgent biochemistry is run and reported, cultures are set up, plates are read and culture results are reported.
Consumables at cost price:
- Our consumables ordering service only charges cost price and P&P for purchases. Orders can be placed at www.axiomvetlab.eu or by ringing 01626 357776.
Additional resources :
- Monthly newsletters summarising key messages on testing and interesting diagnoses made.
- Information sheets are regularly written on clinical and pathological sampling and testing.